Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help? My clio sport is leaking a serious amount of water into driver's side footwell. In heavy rain it was a paddling pool. I've no sun roof and checked the pieces of seal at the foot of the front wind screen and these are not sealed completely. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ta 4 ur replies

I've had a look and found a very small amount of water under :mad: there when the tidal waves were sloshing about on the weekend. I can see water dripping out from the sills - I'm assuming these are drainage holes. How's best for me to see if it's leaking under the door rubbers - especially if it's not raining? Also, if this is where it's leaking do I just replace with new? Thinking of getting a new car.........

·
Registered
1 Posts
Could be clogged water drains in AC

Hi,

I recently ran into the same problem and the cause is a clogged water (from condensation) drain in the AC cooling system. It can be observed when you have the AC on.

I didn't solve the problem because I'm searching for the exact location of that drain. The service guys say they have to dissasemble the cooling system and I don't like this.

Regards,
Trei

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine was doing exactly the same thing. Girlfriends uncle who is a mechanic solved it by finding a tube behind the engine that had a blockage in it. I presume it was a drainage tube, lots of water came gushing out. 2 weeks on and lots of rainy weather and my car is now leak free!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a 2002 clio 1.2 16v expression automatic approx 6/7 weeks ago and im having a really bad time with it, ive spent a grand getting repaired as the used car sales centre must have seen me coming when they sold it to me...ive had my abs fixed, new battery, new wipers, brake pads, discs, master cylinder and slave, engine oil leak repair, brake fluid leak repair, timing belt replaced, new spark plugs fitted...and now found that my sunroof rattles like a good un...and when i opened it the plastic snapped off around the hinge and the sunroof also appears to be leaking as its damp under passenger side and drivers side visors. I obviously dont know anything about cars...i dont know anyone who knows about cars, and after pulling out this much money for my car to be repaired already im reluctant to pay alot of money to get it fixed. Does anyone Know of any solutions to fix the leak and the rattle that doesnt involve me taking the sunroof apart...something simple...like me obviously for buying the damn thing. Please help im desperate :crazy:

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are 3 drain holes under the plastic scuttle covers(where the windscreen wipers are) If these get blocked, water will rise in the scuttle chamber and enter the car through any loose grommet, bad seal ,pollen filter etc. the drivers side is easy, you can access it by removing the plastic cover and poking a curtain wire down it until water flows out of the wheel arch where it joins the front cill, you may have to pull away the plastic guard to clear away the muck.The same applies to the passenger side but the plastic scuttle cover will not come off until the wipers are removed.The centre hole, which is where my problem lay is a little more difficult to see,Its more towards the passenger side than the drivers side and it drains down a tube, exiting the bulkhead at the rear of the engine ,theres a small flap over the end of the tube which probably contributes towards the blockage. If you put the car on ramps you should be able to see it.
With these drain holes clear, the water should exit the scuttle chamber as fast as it enters.

·
Registered
42 Posts
There are 3 drain holes under the plastic scuttle covers(where the windscreen wipers are) If these get blocked, water will rise in the scuttle chamber and enter the car through any loose grommet, bad seal ,pollen filter etc. the drivers side is easy, you can access it by removing the plastic cover and poking a curtain wire down it until water flows out of the wheel arch where it joins the front cill, you may have to pull away the plastic guard to clear away the muck.The same applies to the passenger side but the plastic scuttle cover will not come off until the wipers are removed.The centre hole, which is where my problem lay is a little more difficult to see,Its more towards the passenger side than the drivers side and it drains down a tube, exiting the bulkhead at the rear of the engine ,theres a small flap over the end of the tube which probably contributes towards the blockage. If you put the car on ramps you should be able to see it.
With these drain holes clear, the water should exit the scuttle chamber as fast as it enters.
Hi, thanks for this info I have the same problem the enter area of my clio's driverside footwell is soaking!! I don't have ramps to put the car on, is there an alternative way of clearing the drains (for me it's only the drivers side).

·
Registered
3 Posts
The centre drain hole in the scuttle box exits through a rubber tube/flap in the bulkhead at the rear of the engine. Its difficult to see but if you can get your hand behind the engine from the gearbox side about half way down you should be able to feel it and maybe clear it with some curtain wire. Alternatively remove the wipers and the plastic covers and clear it from above .

·
Registered
42 Posts
The centre drain hole in the scuttle box exits through a rubber tube/flap in the bulkhead at the rear of the engine. Its difficult to see but if you can get your hand behind the engine from the gearbox side about half way down you should be able to feel it and maybe clear it with some curtain wire. Alternatively remove the wipers and the plastic covers and clear it from above .
Hello again, do you know anything about water maybe entering the frame of the car as at the back of the car you can hear a swishing water noise.

Want to get this water problem sorted the next day it's dry and when I have time as it is really starting to annoy me. (swishing noise only after heavy or long rain spells).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts