Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1999 renault clio with no central locking :( and so have to push down the little buttons to lock the car. the thing i dont like is having to wait for the passenger door to be closed before i can push it down, it doesnt let me push it down when its open. im guessing this is so i dont lock the keys in the car but its getting a bit annoying now, is there a way of getting rid of it? cheers

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Dan - with door open try holding the door handle in the open position and see if the button presses down and keep a spare key on you cos it's not a case of "if you'll lock yourself out" - "it's only a question of when." Plus at the moment you are probably only waiting a few seconds until the door is closed. If you lock yourself out you'll be standing around for hours.:confused:

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
My clio is the same, holding the handle as if to open the car and then pushing the button down doesnt make any difference at all.

The only way round it, that i can see, is fitting central locking.

You can buy aftermarket kits for £21 and any local garage should be able to fit them.

I started to fit mine but my door lock actualy failed completely so thats on hold til i source some new locks!

Barry.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a 99 clio and had many problems with the locks when I first bought it from DIXONs (should've known better)
Anyway I would turn the key and the barrel just kept turning and turning. There were other things but in the end I just got central locking and it has been a God send. definately worth doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts