Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi re the above I have read the useful posts on resolving blocked washer issues but I think the pump has gone on mine - There is no buzzing of the motor when the washer stalk is pulled.

Is replacing the pump an easy Job (assuming that is the problem)?

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the Mk2 Ph1 but think the Mk2 Ph2 are the same.
Anyway, open the bonnet, got to the passenger side corner next to the scuttle panel there is a plastic mesh with a plastic push stud fixing - pressin the centre gently and it should pop up when pulled out.

Gently lift up mesh / scuttle panel and slip hand under to disconnect washer pump and pull out pump (make sure washer around pump isn't lost when pulling pump out.

Disconnect the two pipes and connect them to new pump - installation is opposite to removal.

Some people would advise to disconnect battery, but I never have for this task.

Hope this helps?

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
21,847 Posts
I have the Mk2 Ph1 but think the Mk2 Ph2 are the same.
Anyway, open the bonnet, got to the passenger side corner next to the scuttle panel there is a plastic mesh with a plastic push stud fixing - pressin the centre gently and it should pop up when pulled out.

Gently lift up mesh / scuttle panel and slip hand under to disconnect washer pump and pull out pump (make sure washer around pump isn't lost when pulling pump out.

Disconnect the two pipes and connect them to new pump - installation is opposite to removal.

Some people would advise to disconnect battery, but I never have for this task.

Hope this helps?
No need to remove the wiper blades then like in the link I put up..?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks - probably a silly question but how do you avoid losing the washer in the replacement process?

Also any chance this could be a fuse. I looked and couldn't see the washer pump was on a separate fuse and everything else is working?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks - probably a silly question but how do you avoid losing the washer in the replacement process?

Also any chance this could be a fuse. I looked and couldn't see the washer pump was on a separate fuse and everything else is working?
The washer will probably either stay on the tube that is on the pump, or lay in the washer bottle recess where the pump pushes into - I only warned you because the first time I replaced the pump, the washer dropped off the pump and fell in the engine bay and took ages with a torch to find it!!!

By all means try replacing fuse, but if it still doesn't work - pump replacement will probably be the next step.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anybody know if there is a fuse for the pump? I have the same issue but cannot find a fuse that is designated to the pump. I checked all the fuses in the box by the passenger door but they are ok.

All I have done today is swap the 3 relays around in the fuse box under the bonnet to try to eradicate a non-starting issue.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
On most models the washer pump shares the same fuse as the wipers so if your wipers are working then it's very unlikely to be a fuse. Ideally you need to access the pump - check that it is clean and check for a voltage supply to its wiring connector.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just removed the pump and am going to take it to work to test it. Quickly tried to test for voltage to the connector but not 100% sure I am on the connector with the tester. If pump works then I will try putting wires into the connector and attaching the ends to connector blocks for ease of testing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pump would not operate when applying 12V and was pulling high current. Stripped it down and it was totally gone internally. Ordered new pump and fitted it today. Working perfectly now. Thanks to all for the help.:d

1 - 11 of 11 Posts