Independent Renault Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

Registered
Clio Dynamique mk3 1.4 petrol 16v
Discussion Starter #41
If not too late and if getting the two tyres, get the new ones on the front, the older worn ones on the back.
Generally on a front wheel drive, the rear wheels simply stop the back end from dragging on the ground.
It is the fronts that do all the work, steering, braking, drive, uneven tyres can (will) give uneven braking, steering and possibly acceleration, especially in poor conditions like heavy rain or dare I mention it, snow.
Uneven rear tyres have less impact.
I had the front two replaced 馃憤 the car seems to run a bit smoother now. Maybe its the work that was done or just psychology playing with me 馃槀

Registered
the car passed the emissions test on mot (which is pretty stringent), if the engine management light isn't on then i really wouldn't worry about it, its probably a little lumpy idling due to the fact that i dare say it is probably not a brand new car and has some miles on it, the most you need to worry about at the moment are the advisories which shouldn't be too expensive, just enjoy driving it, at some point its going to develop faults but until then don't be looking to throw money at faults that probably don't exist because there will be mechanics out there (not all of us) who will happily take your money for work hat doesn't need doing.

Registered
Clio Dynamique mk3 1.4 petrol 16v
Discussion Starter #43
the car passed the emissions test on mot (which is pretty stringent), if the engine management light isn't on then i really wouldn't worry about it, its probably a little lumpy idling due to the fact that i dare say it is probably not a brand new car and has some miles on it, the most you need to worry about at the moment are the advisories which shouldn't be too expensive, just enjoy driving it, at some point its going to develop faults but until then don't be looking to throw money at faults that probably don't exist because there will be mechanics out there (not all of us) who will happily take your money for work hat doesn't need doing.
You called it! It is an old car. 06 plate and 89k miles on the clock. I am A LOT more reassured than I was a few days ago. There has generally been something that needed doing every month since I got it (ie timing belt, water pump, tdc, lambda) but it's passed its MOT now and I should be good to go for a while now. At least until next year when I can hopefully get an upgrade.

I will stop worrying now until something actually worth worrying about occurs & then I'll be like helpppppp! 馃槀

Thanks again everyone, you all seem to know a hell of a lot!

Carmen

Registered
if its a 2006 and covered 89k then i'd be surprised if it did run and idle perfectly smoothly, sounds like for the age it in pretty good condition, glad we have all helped put your mind at rest, but i'm sorry at that age it should have passed the 100k mark, go and enjoy some nice long drives to rectify that and hopefully it will be quite some time before you have any more worry's with the car ;)

41 - 44 of 44 Posts