Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

My daughter has just driven up the back of an old rover 400 and damaged her front bumper. I have found a company called Imperial crash repair parts on the net that will supply a new bumper sprayed to the same colour as the car. Has anyone used them?
How easy is it to remove the old one and refit the new.

·
Premium Member
10,622 Posts
Hi there.

Haven't used them myself, but having removed my own front bumper (off a seicento) just last week - it shouldn't be too daunting.

What I would recommend would be to wait until the replacement arrives, then use that as a template for removing the damaged one - it will show not only where the fixings are (and what needs removal to allow access), but also what type of fixings (bolts, plastic clips, etc) are used to retain it.

Saves perhaps removing more than is necessary or damaging any of the main anchorage points.

Offhand, I'd think that the front wheels & wheelarch liners will need removal, but hopefully the headlights can remain in situ.

Its also a lot easier to fit with an extra pair of hands, and place a couple of old pillows under the bumper, in case it slips off whilst fitting.

HTH

Paul

Reactions: Chris Baker

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Removed the front bumper on mine last year (to replace the headlamp bulbs).

Not too difficult really.

1. Remove the front part of the wheel arch liners. You don't need to remove the wheels; just turn them.

2. Remove the bolts top and bottom accross the front. There are plastic pins too.

3. Remove the bolts (one each side) that holds the bumper to the wings. This is the reason you need to remove the wheel arch liners

4. Unclip the bumper from the wings. Takes a bit of force.

5. Carefully pull the bumper away towards the front - not heavy.

Depending on the age of the car it might be worth replacing the headlamp bulbs at this stage!

Ian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.