Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what the annoying clunk was the other day, but the *** handling gave it away, really. The bolt through the bottom of one rear shock has sheared. I've tried drilling it out, but tbh I'm getting nowhere. Options are a) weld a stud into the radius arm or b) change the radius arm. I've never changed one on one of these before - how easy/difficult are they to do?

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
In theory they are straight foward to replace,but in practice they can be a real PITA as the torsion bars seize into them and the bearings can do similar.You also have to be very precise in lining up the splines on the bars when refitting them as otherwise it'll be lop-sided.

Why are you struggling with drilling out the stud?.Is it an access problem or are your drill bits not drilling through the bolt?.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THought that might be the case. THey don't seem to be available anyway, which means ripping one off a breaker. It's not access - just that it's incredibly slow going. Decent bits too. And I've dried other bits (ones that went through 6mm plate like it was cheese).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts