Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
the steering wheel airbag module on my 2005 1.4 Dynamique looks a bit tatty as it has nail varnish(?) on it (it was a girlie car) and the finish has been damaged. I have managed to get another in excellent condition and want to replace the tatty one. Does anything need reprogramming, or can I just remove the tatty one and replace it with the good one (after disconnecting the battery and waiting 10 mins etc)..? Thanks.

Regards,

Terry.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
hi , as long as both modules are the same part number , and the battery is disconected , all should be ok to change . However be awair that sometimes , the air bag light will still be lit , and the code would just need clearing after instlation. Rich:d

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rich,

the airbag light is not currently lit, so do you mean that changing the unit can sometimes trigger a fault-code and light..? and can the code(s) be cleared without a code-reader..?

Rgds,

Terry.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Hi , yes they can be triggerd and yes you may req. a code reset , Hope that helps , Richard

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again Richard, will a 'budget' code reader off ebay be able to perform the reset..? Thanks.

Regards,

Terry.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
hi , Renaults are not easey to code read , a cheep ebay one may work but not garanteed , a code clear at a good garage should be £10-£20 , and is proberbly cheaper that buying one that may not work. We use the Renault Clip system , that is quite expensive , but we use a much cheaper , Sykes Pickervant Spi , as a back up , this does most cars , including renault , these cost between £1400 - £1500 + vat , so £20 may not be a bad deal. Hope that helps , Richard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts