Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Last week passenger window was working but driver window stopped working.

I took the switch off cleaned the contact, I bridged the +- to the motor and both ways it made the window go up and down- which lead me to believe it is the switch.

I ordered a new switch off ebay- it has now arrived, but now the passenger and driver doesn't work. i put the old switch back in and still passenger has stopped working.

However, old swich nothing works, new switch passenger doesn't work, driver if i push down on the switch nothing but if I go to pull the window up it blows a fuse.

is anyone able to send my a picture if the wiring loom into the switch in case i have got it mixed up when cleaning the contacts?

Bridging sparks and blows the fuse to.

Another observation it looks as though from the wire colouring there are 4 live wires with the yellow with red strip if all 4 of the same should be live only 2 carry a current.

We have recently had a load of snow and the car was sat under it for a couple of days could it be a coincidence that maybe moisture has gotten in. Or could the now short causing the fuse to go actualy shorted and damaged the old switch?

any thought would help loads.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,821 Posts
Are you saying here you have taken the wires out of the multiplug :crying2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you saying here you have taken the wires out of the multiplug :crying2:
YES!!! oops, this being said I did them one at a time to give them a clean with electrical cleaner, so 99.9% sure they went in correctly but i am just trying to cover all bases. as not sure why the passenger one has stopped working.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,821 Posts
Going to say your ok then.
Now do the same again ( take pictures just in case ).
Get the connectors back out of the multiplug, now if you look inside the metal part, two pieces of metal strips bent, pull these back up slightly, so they touch each other two pieces of bent metal in each wire connector, so once the switch goes in, the pins on the switch make a really good contact..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update, so had a look at all fuses noticed 1 of the UCH fuses had gone as well, so passenger button blows UCH fuse driver window blows window fuse.

Put the old switch back on and the passenger window works but still not driver window.

Think the new switch I bought of eBay is a cheap knock off buying a used Renault switch now to see if all works.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FIXED... Thought I'd update if anyone else ever has window issues.

Turned out it was a broken switch in the beginning, bought a new one of eBay poor quality and was also broken, bought a used one from a breaker and now works perfectly.

Note that one of the UCH fuses and electric window fuse should also be checked when you have an issue with your windows

1 - 6 of 6 Posts