Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I wish to convert my standard headlights on my Clio mk2 phase 1 to clio mk 2 sports headlights.
I understand there is a small modification to wiring required. Before I attempt this - Is there a wiring diagram/info or step by step guide to this modification? Help appreciated.

·
Registered
65 Posts
An adaptor is available to convert existing headlamp wiring. The ref No: 8KA 152 601 001 (hella) from *********** and costs 38.70 euro's inclusive (approx £33) and includes PP. Also available from www. allpartssouthwest.com (UK) and costs £40.00 and includes PP.

Plugs into existing wiring harness.
(conversion H4 - HB3/H7.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Further to my last post - conversion completed, using wiring/cable adaptors mentioned in last post. Fairly straightforwad job, removing original headlamps proved a little awkward as I hadn't realised there was a small piece of plastic that has to be cut at the wing corners of the original headlamps (mentioned in Haynes manual) and before fitting new replacements sports headlamps, be sure to cut this small piece of plastic off as it is virtually impossible to fit with these left on. Once fitted, it is relatively simple, just plug one end of adaptor into original wiring harness and then plug the now seperated (2xplugs) into the back of the dual optics. The indicators and sidelamps use the original fittings. It is possible to complete this job without removing bumper and only removing shroud section under headlamps (4 screws) Picture (1) shows adaptor. Picture (2) back of dual optics sports headlamp. Picture (3) Completed N/s headlamp conversion.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.