Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clio is making noise when I accelerate and gets louder as I increase speed. I have replaced the throttle body which got rid of the p0638 code but the sound still remains. I have read that it could also be the pedal accelerator sensor but wouldn't I get code p2135?

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,912 Posts
Might help with more of an explanation of the sound...or a video so we can hear it.
At the moment, anything from a wheel bearing to exhaust blowing to belts slipping to engine about to blow up???

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might help with more of an explanation of the sound...or a video so we can hear it.
At the moment, anything from a wheel bearing to exhaust blowing to belts slipping to engine about to blow up???
Will post video and I describe the sound like air is escaping when I throttle it and seems like it's coming from the front of the engine. When in idle I can hear a constant hissing sound when bonnet is open and ear close up to the engine which I showed to the mechanic and said that this is normal.

·
24,912 Posts
What engine is it please?
I assume a petrol burner but with or without turbo?

Hissing like air escaping can also be air being sucked in.
Try getting someone to help and while they are giving it a few revs, have a good listen under the bonnet and see if you can locate?
Belts can also hiss?
Watch where you put your fingers, spinny things can make a mess of them.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What engine is it please?
I assume a petrol burner but with or without turbo?

Hissing like air escaping can also be air being sucked in.
Try getting someone to help and while they are giving it a few revs, have a good listen under the bonnet and see if you can locate?
Belts can also hiss?
Watch where you put your fingers, spinny things can make a mess of them.
It's a d4f722 1149cc petrol burner without turbo also just did a 140 mile journey and I noticed when I put my pedal to the floor there was no reaction for like 5-8 seconds then it started to speed up I think this could be pedal sensor? In terms of sound it when I press and depress the accelerator still makes the hissing noise

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
Fiat Panda Multijet 1300 Diesel
5,452 Posts
Usually if there's a problem with the pedal electrics the ecu speeds the tick over up
and you get a light on the dash.

·
24,912 Posts
I'd be focusing more on the sound then generic fault codes.
Have you stuck your head under the bonnet yet and had a listen?
Video?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd be focusing more on the sound then generic fault codes.
Have you stuck your head under the bonnet yet and had a listen?
Video?
Here is the video of sound I'm just repeatedly pressing and depressing the gas

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is the video of sound I'm just repeatedly pressing and depressing the gas

Popped my head under the car and identified the issue. Revved engine and a lot of smoke coming out from a missing bolt/screw that attaches on to the exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Went to the garage today and they sorted out the issue no more smoke coming out however when I take it on the motorway it struggles to reach 70 and my pedal is fully to the floor and then speed drops to about 60-65. Now I'm thinking it could be the sensor?

·
24,912 Posts
Before guessing, get a decent diagnostic on it.
Look not only for errors but also live data, which will give an idea what is or isn't happening.

The leak from the exhaust and smoke suggests that fuel ratios may have been messed up.
This can take a little time for the system to reset and could have caused plugs to foul.

An Italian tune up may be all that is needed..... drive it like you stole it, hold onto gears far higher then usual...watch your speed but give it a blow out.

·
La sola lupo
85 R11TS, 85 R9TXE, 97 Extra 1,9D, 97 Megane 2.0 RXE, 02 Clio 1,2 16V
1,838 Posts
Before guessing, get a decent diagnostic on it.
Look not only for errors but also live data, which will give an idea what is or isn't happening.

The leak from the exhaust and smoke suggests that fuel ratios may have been messed up.
This can take a little time for the system to reset and could have caused plugs to foul.

An Italian tune up may be all that is needed..... drive it like you stole it, hold onto gears far higher then usual...watch your speed but give it a blow out.
Fuel ratios being mixed up MIGHT HAVE also have caused a blocked cat, on my clio, among other issues, this was the case car drove reasonable untill it heated up to normal, then lost power due to blocked cat.
But i agree with DD take it for a proper diagnostic, guessing might cost you more money than a proper diagnostic

1 - 15 of 15 Posts