Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've just bought a clio 1.5d it's great but has a small problem with the interior light.

I'll let this video explain the problem...

(ignore the laughing...)

Any advice would be great.

Martin.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Hi, I've just bought a clio 1.5d it's great but has a small problem with the interior light.

I'll let this video explain the problem...

(ignore the laughing...)

Any advice would be great.

Martin.
Renaults never fail to amuse.

Very strange one.

First put all switches in the off postion (flat). Then what happens when you unlock the car with the fob? All three lights should come on.

It looks from the wiring that there are three conections...

ground and two switched 12v

Ian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Renaults never fail to amuse.

Very strange one.

First put all switches in the off postion (flat). Then what happens when you unlock the car with the fob? All three lights should come on.

It looks from the wiring that there are three conections...

ground and two switched 12v

Ian
Cheers for replying, when they're off and the door opens/unlock nothing happens but I put a LED 501 into the center bulb and now all three lights are on at one time when I open the door the lights dim out...? haha :\

renmeg3 - was in stitches myself...

Cheers :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Seems like there is only enough voltage to power one at a time. Hence when you put the led bulb in (these use very little power) they all came on. Get a multi-meter and check the voltage going into them. Maby a bad earth? Gd luck. Still laughin tj

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Renault wanted 109 quid for a new wire from the interior light to the wiring harness...

Looks like this will be fun - I'll post up pics when it's getting fixed atm the heaters don't work either so the dash is off fun times, got pics also :D

Martin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, i have this exact same problem in my megane coupe mk3 2010 model, how did you fix it? :S it's really annoying

1 - 7 of 7 Posts