Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just bought a 58 plate 1.2 clio renault clio dynamique s and i am having issues with the key card... first thing in the morning when i open the car i put the car in says press brake then says card not detected i can take it in and out a few times and still says the same or insert card i then take card out open the driver door and close it again then put the card back in press brake and start button and starts fine , i then can switch it on and off and no issues . can anyone help with what this could be ??

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah thats what i though i imagine it works like a contactless bank card so not sure what the fault is , there is no metal prongs on my kind so i cant even clean anything up

·
Sexy at 71 super duper mod..
23,928 Posts
Its usually an internal problem on the cards..soldering /circuits problems etc had a quick look for some clio ones specifically but the search system on here now make life difficult ..maybe have a google search yourself with clio in the search parameters..sure I have seen how to fix posts on here in the past..

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks for the link thats not something i would attempt myself to cut the key open and start soldering parts spesh with only haveing the one key i also would not really want to send the key off so would have to see if there was any key worker in norfolk area that could do the work clone the key or fix the one i have

1 - 7 of 7 Posts