Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi 2012 Clio 3 tce
It's started sounding a bit "knocky" on uneven surfaces, also I can detect a tiny (just perceptible) amount of play in the O/S wheel when the car is sitting and I rock the O/S wheel top to bottom. (grab top of wheel and push/pull) I can't detect any play in N/S - I assume there should be none?
Car has done less than 7000 miles from new (but then the roads are c**p)

Is it likely to be play in the lower ball joint and if so is it a case of removing the pinch bolt and retaining ring, if so I might be able to tackle it, or if likely to be something else what else should I check?

Due MOT in month or 2, so I could let nature take it's course....is there a longer term downside for other potential damage if I leave it till the MOT?

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
6,986 Posts
rocking the wheel whilst the car is stood on the ground means it could be anything from loose wheel bolts, wheel bearing, ball joints etc etc you wont be able to isolate where the problem lies.

you need to get the wheel off the ground and have a look at what is loose, first thing I would check is the wheel bearing, spin the wheel and listen for any graunching.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts