Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have changed the motor the stalk arm and the relay box by the car battery been changed not sure what else to look at any help out there

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,943 Posts
Next step would be to check connection on stalk following wiring back ..
is there any other electrical issues on the car

PS no need to post twice if no answers it means we are unsure and do not want to lead you wrong direction

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No other problems just my wipers need them to work properly they work on fast if I turn them of the wipers will turn off where ever they are on the window if I spray the water as well they don't wipe best bet I can see is a auto election thanks tho mate

·
22,943 Posts
No other problems just my wipers need them to work properly they work on fast if I turn them of the wipers will turn off where ever they are on the window if I spray the water as well they don't wipe best bet I can see is a auto election thanks tho mate
Someone may appear who has had a similar issue or know what the fault is so dont give up yet

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers mate does any one know if there a relay for the front wiper and if so what one would it be

·
22,943 Posts
Would be part of the UCH ..may be worth unplugging and checking for dampness ....when you changed the wiper motor was the scuttle clear of water

·
Premium Member
4,234 Posts
I'm just guessing here but got a feeling that the two speeds is most likely done by the wiper motor, so in other words its normal speed connection or 'slow mode' is not working. (?) What I mean is, replacing other stuff isn't going to fix it. Clio 3 wiper motor sits in the scuttle so is at the mercy of every kind of water getting in.

Reactions: Phil48

·
Registered
3 Posts
I presently have exactly that problem. Did you fix it. Hoping so.
I have taken apart the stalk and see no issues.
Same with the spray etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Probable reason why..

Hi mate.
Thanks for the reply and help.
As per your other post. Mine work (sometimes) and almost randomly on high only. They do nothing on any of the other settings.
I have had the stalk apart (including splitting it) , and it looks pristine.
No change to the symptoms upon refitting.
It had a new wiper motor fitted in July 2020 and that was working fine until now.
Drains are clean.
I imagine you believe it is the motor again?

·
Super mod..
30,133 Posts
I imagine you believe it is the motor again?
No not at all Peter in fact the stalks for indicators and light and wipers are well known for faults and can all be problematic on Clio Mk3..also dont rule out the UCH.. get the motor checked out by and auto electrician and diagnostic done.. but if you can and know how to check it then do so..

·
Registered
3 Posts
No not at all Peter in fact the stalks for indicators and light and wipers are well known for faults and can all be problematic on Clio Mk3..also dont rule out the UCH.. get the motor checked out by and auto electrician and diagnostic done.. but if you can and know how to check it then do so..
Had the UCH out and disassembled that as well, also looks pristine (as does the stalk) . They are replacing the motor under warranty so will see after that I guess.

·
Super mod..
30,133 Posts
Lets hope the replacement motor fixes the problem.. did they do any checks on it or just replace without any checks..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts