Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a Clio i was driving home from work today and my car has not been accelerating properly, it still drives fine once its up to speed but it is just taking ages to get up to speed . i got it home fine and after a while tried to start it so i started to drive into town but the acceleration isn't right and now the toxic fume monitoring warning light is constantly lit up. does any one have any idea what this could be? i am meant to be going away in a couple of days so am keen to get it sorted

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

If you could post up your engine type it would help greatly,but I guess it's a petrol and it sounds like coil failure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry. Its 1.4, 16 Valve Milage is 90 thousand and i think its a Clio 2, its my first car and i am a bit of a girl when it come to cars, sorry i will properly ask lots of silly questions.

And its Petrol

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
The most common cause or poor engine performance on Renault petrol engines is due to faulty ignition - usually down to an igniton coil so I would suggest you have it checked out.
If a cylinder is misfiring as a result unburnt gases can enter the exhaust system with a risk of damaging the CAT which is not a cheap repair. I would recommend you do not drive the car unecessarily until the problem has been diagnosed and repaired. A few quid now could save you a load of money further down the road.:)

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
It sounds like you a have problem with one of the pencil coils,they are a very common problem I'm afraid.They aren't expensive though,decent aftermarket ones are around £30 each (I can definately recommend Beru coils),they are a 5 minute job to change too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.