Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, just bought a -99 Clio witch ran just fine but the battery was bad. My girlfriend got tierd of me not changing it so she did it herself, but with + and - the wrong way! Needles to say the car wouldn´t start after this. Tried to access the ECU at Renault but they said that the ECU was shot.:mad:
So I spoke to a guy at Renault if it was possible to change this to a used one from a scrapped car and he said it would work. Did this and the car starts but stalls at once, the injection management light flashes all the time but the immobiliser light comes off as it should. Tried the central locking button trick and the full throttle trick but the immobiliser light just stays black. What to do. please help!:(
I do know the 4 number code from donor ECU

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Hi,if you are using second hand parts you will need engine ecu,the key fobs and the bmt computer which controls the immobiliser and other items of the car.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Hi,
in the key is a transponder which transmits a unique number to the BMT (uch) under the glove box which in turn checks its the same as stored in the engine ecu. When they are the car will start.
Your replacement ecu has a different security numer stored.
Is your car an 8v 1.2?
These ecu's can be programmed into a "receptive" mode to accept the next car they are plugged into.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi and thanks for the reply! Yes it is a 8v 1.2, how can I get the ECU to receptive mode? Also is the BMT still located under the glovebox on a Left hand drive (Swedish) some say that it is located near the sensor in roof? Thanks again, please reply.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Hi,
You need to find someone with a renault ecu reset tool in Sweden (I have one in UK).

If the key light flashes twice it is radio controlled and the bmt is behind the glove box( on uk)

The older type is IR ( led type bulb pionting in the direction of the key blade) and requires you to piont it at the rear view mirror.
This only works the central locking and still has transponder for the immobiliser.

You could always get a ECH, BMT and key from a breaker.
(same model of coarse)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
You need to find someone with a renault ecu reset tool in Sweden (I have one in UK).

If the key light flashes twice it is radio controlled and the bmt is behind the glove box( on uk)

The older type is IR ( led type bulb pionting in the direction of the key blade) and requires you to piont it at the rear view mirror.
This only works the central locking and still has transponder for the immobiliser.

You could always get a ECH, BMT and key from a breaker.
(same model of coarse)
Hello, long shot you might read this as such an old thread but here goes, after much work etc on power steering (Clio mk3) turns out we have a dodgy EPS ECU, it has power but zero working beyond that. What I'd like to know is if I am understanding everything correctly, I have located a replacement with same part number and will need virginising/self coding before going back on the column where it should be plug and play if it's worked, if that is correct can you recommend any reputable company to carry this out. Thanks for your time and any replies

1 - 6 of 6 Posts