Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 (Mk1 Ph3) Clio, 1.4RT. Its been SORN for over a year now. I had it MOT'd back in November and I've just re-taxed it for use in the last few days.

To my surprise it passed its MOT fairly easily (anti-roll bar bushes needed replacing) back in November, but since then its pretty much sat on the driveway and now its not starting :confused:

The battery has been charged, the engine turns over. I've checked spark, there is an 8th of a tank (car is sitting level), I've even removed/checked/cleaned the plugs and added fuel directly into the engine, obviously being careful not to flood it, and it still won't start.

I now suspect that either the spark isn't fat enough or there's something up with the fuel pump, or both, or that there's something I just haven't thought of!

If anyone has any experience of any of this I'd be very grateful for any help, advice or pointers! There are a couple of other things I will be coming back to ask about, but getting the car started is the first hurdle!

Oh, and this is my very first post, so hello! :d

Stuart

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi circlestu

Welcome to the forum.

You seem to have covered most reasons for not starting i.e.
Spark,Fuel,Charged battery.

Only thing i can suggest is a jump start from another car.

Hope this helps.

:) :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have the same problem with my 1994 1.4 RT Clio. I have replaced the ignition coil and amplifier and also replaced the fuel pump, but it still won't start. I have no idea why it won't run :( help please

1 - 7 of 7 Posts