Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I bought a filter from a Renault dealer for the wife's Clio, it is about 2/3 the size of every other filter that has been fitted to the car though is categorically the right one according to the dealer, the spec has changed they say!

It is a '98 1.6 RXE manual.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Yeh the original filter is quite small - looks like someone has fitted a larger one sometime but it works just fine. The sam efilte ris fitted to the 2.0l Laguna II. It's like they say size isn't everything:d

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Hello, according to the Purflux filter web site, they give the dimensions as 76mm diameter, and 54mm high. Hope this helps, regards Damian. :)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
As long as the thread is the same and the diameter of the filter and rubber seal match up,then you should be OK.Most Renaults have a 'stubby' oil filter fitted to them.:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hello,

Thanks for the replies, we have had the car since nearly new and I have changed the filter myself perhaps four or five times, this is the first time I have been supplied with a stubby filter, it is a Purflux, the dimensions as 76mm diameter as you say though nearer 48mm high, part number LS218 (Renault: 77 00 873 603). The current and previous filters are/were around 75mm high.

EDIT: The Purflux website says LS319 though the dealer was adamant?

Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE:

Strange one this, the dealer sold me a Purflux LS218 which according to the Purflux website was replaced by the LS309 in April 2002!

Further confusion is caused by the fact that the Renault part number on the filter does not match the box and while the part number on the box is correct for the car, the number on the filter is not recognised by the Renault parts system.

A case of old stock in the Renault parts system!

The dealer are adamant that the LS218 is right for the car however they do have the LS309 (which is what I was supplied with last year) in stock under a different Renault part number and it is slightly cheaper.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello,

A year on the Renault dealer has again given me a short stubby filter, Renault part number 82 00 867 976, and says that the larger one that last year was deemed to be correct, part number 82 00 033 408, is no longer available.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
It makes no difference - I think its just a way of renault standardising their stock. You may be able to get the larger one as an after-market unit from the likes of Crossland, etc.
The titchy looking filter also fits my 1.9 Dci engine:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts