Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a Clio 3 1.5 dci86 which is coming up for it's first service. Does anyone know where the oil filter is and how you get at it?

The undertray seems to be in two parts with multi-bolt fixing plus screws which look as though they need a special driver.

I have been badly let down by a franchise agent before and want to make sure the filter has been changed - particularly if it is hard to get at!!

(There is a cartridge in front of the engine (under pipework) but it is very small for an oil filter - maybe fuel?)

Wurry

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yu have to check it undernith the car. On clio2000 is between the engine and the cabin, but the fuel filter is at the back (undernith) the car. the oil should be changed too when changing the filter. check also the oil, it must not be dark (black)..

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Im pretty sure the Dci engine has the oil filter right at the front of the engine (Front left if you look at the engine from the front) It should be next to the altenator. IIRC part number from unipart is GFE 381.

Barry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oil filter

Majority opinion seems to say at front of engine - so thats where I'll look. (Once I've worked out how to remove the undertray!)
Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
I can't remember how many bolts hold the undertray on but you will beable to undo them all with a 10mm spanner/socket.

As for the oil filter you can get that safely from the top of the engine.

Barry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts