Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
First of all i'd like to say thankyou to everyone who has helped me with my car over the past months, Recently i've have just finished replacing the timing belt after it snapped (leading me to have the cylinder head recon'd) i now have the engine running but I now have a problem with over heating when left to idle for 10 mins the temp guage rockets to top end and light comes on and the coolant level rises significantly, hav'nt a clue what is causing it. I have a sort of white substance on the oil cap but i put this down to just short running time on the engine (15mins max). And also when you rev the engine i get a sort of whiring noise are these connected in anyway?
Many Thanks
Ben Mole
( The Car Is a: 1.2 Clio (D7f) )

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
hi ben when you did the belt was it a full kit? and did you replace the water pump at the same time?

Reactions: Moley5555

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
My dad actually did the work but the pump wasnt replaced but im not sure about the whole kit. Do you think its the pump?
Many Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there anything else it could such as a thermostat i really dont wont to go through the whole removal of timing belt again :mechanic: :S
Ben

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,927 Posts
Did you bleed the cooling system? there will be a bleed valve some were near the thermostat or on one of the hoses maybe, I

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
at the end of the day if there is a wirr noise and its from the timing belt area dont keep running the engine as if it is a water pump or a tensioner and it jams or snaps your going to kill the head agian, or it may over heat and pop the h g if it hasnt done so, get a new belt kit and belt and a water pump, and if you think the engine did over heat it may well have done the hg so you may be better of starting from scratch agian and fitting a hg and a full belt kit and water pump this time:crazy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts