Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have a 51 plate Clio 1.5Dci. A couple of weeks ago I filled my car up, as I drove away from the forecourt and on to the A1 I accelerated and noticed a loss of power, almost like a blockage, I put my foot down and a puff of black smoke came from the exhaust. This continued for the next few miles then stopped. The following week the exact same thing happened, and then went away.

On my drive to work this morning (with a quarter tank of fuel) the same thing is happening and hasn't gone away. When I parked up at work I revved the engine and puffs of black smoke came out of the exhaust each time. Any ideas what may be causing this?

P.s. on the way into work this morning my ABS light came on as well.

Thanks

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
Fiat Panda Multijet 1300 Diesel
5,415 Posts
Would think the power loss is the EGR valve sticking just search on the forum lots of info, abs could be lots of things but examine the reluctor rings on the front drive shafts for cracks, being loose or full of grease from a split cv joint gaiter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.