Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is my first post and i 've a few probs with my Mk1 Phase 3 Clio Oasis 1.2 RL

1.) How do u change the bulbs behind the dash (speedo)
2.) I have a tempermental heater which starts of warmish then goes cold
3.) How do u fix the head light alarm buzzer only works part time
4.) Finally yesterday whilst heading home a strange whine coming from the front of the car when accelerating only disappeared when foot taken off accelerater or gearbox put into neutral. does any one have any idea as to cause.

On a seperate note cheers to all who left posts regarding fixing leaking sunroofs on clios. Finally know how to fix myself.

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
welcome to the forum.

I believe the top of the dash needs to come off to gain access to the instrument pod.
The heater sounds like a blockage in the matrix. ~There is a how to in the Clio FAQ
The light buzzer may be a loose fitting solenoid
The whine could be a gearbox or clutch issue. Have you checked gearbox oil?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had a look and apparently the gearbox oil is supposedly done by the dealer and is also lubricated for life. also i take it the solenoid for the head lights is in the fuse box under the glove box/

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
It may be worth checking the door light switch as it signals if th elights are on when exiting the vehicle - no the gearbox isn't sealed for life there is a level check plug on th efront of the box.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers guys!

The head light buzzer was a loose solenoid so thats one less thing 2 fix. just getting a free check on the gearbox to see if that s the problem with the whine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts