Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, might just be me but on my wife's clio 172 the radio does not come on automatically when you turn the ignition on-you have to turn it on manually and when you switch the ignition off the radio stays on!
i know it's not a major problem but this cant be right!!

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi darth510

Agreed not a big problem,but it sounds like someone has modified the wiring behind the radio,it should have two 12 volt feeds one ignition switched and one permanent the pinout is in the link below ......(A4 and A7) :-

TLCDCEmu - Hardware

I'm afraid the radio will need to come out to check the supplies with a meter.

:) :)

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
couldn't see anything obvious-going to take it to the dealership, they can sort it out under it's warranty:rofl:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have a read of the radio manual because on my old laguna there was a feature where you could override the ignition switching the radio on to doing it manually. I can't remember which buttons to press though sorry:crazy:

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
renault couldnt find it, i did, turned out to be the drivers sunvisor has a short in it and would blow the 15 amp radio fuse when you move it!!!:rofl:

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Oh I dunno

Don't be daft - the belt came off the boiler and the twin bulb paraffin powered headlamps failed whilst the elastic valve triple camshafts slipped.:rofl:

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
What its doing in the sunvisor

Hi Darth that's a new one to me - any idea what it does - looks a bit like an aerial. And what effect does it have on the radio. Is it an original fitting. Could it be it an afterfit component for a GPS system - some people take a feed for a GPS system of the radio connection.

P.S. Another possibility could it be part of a bluetooth in-car system.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes mate iknow what it is. It is the + & - for the sunvisor mirror lighting!! the + was shorting against the - hence the blown fuse for the radio,lighter etc. Renault embarrassed and ordered me a new visor.:devil:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts