Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm a new member with a problem. A few months back 1 of my rear doors locked shut and wouldnt unlock, then about a month after that the other rear door went, so now my 5 door is essentially a 3 door.

Took the door cards off and sprayed locks with wd40 which got the snib moving which it wasnt doin b4, but the doors still wont open even when the snib is up.

Any ideas? thanx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome, I just this site and guess what. For the exact same reason as you. The Problem you will have is the same is me. The locks Are knackered. Sounds mad, but true. I stripped mine out today, and basically there is springclips on them and inside and a couple of them had come off.. Its looks impossible to put the springs back incorrectly so I need to buy 2 New ones. Check this thread out If you plan to do it yourself. I did and it helped immensly, but.......bear in mind ive been on with it all today and my hands are cut to bits, ive sworn like hell all day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel for u man, i really do, iv been strugglin wi this for weeks now. So have u fixed yours? and if so how did u find out how 2 do it? I've messed around wi them a bit but cant really do anythin without openin the doors, and obviously that aint an option.:mad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorted £40 inc delvery for both. By going on Ebay and rather than searching for the specific part. Just search under clio under the breaking section. It brought up quite a few and there was three 5 door clios up for breaking and then emailed them for a price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts