Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put on the lights the dash and side front bach dont light up yet heads do and it isnt the fuse is this a problem with other clios ?

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Hi Calley4 and welcome to the forum.

I'm having problems understanding your fault.
Do your dashlights work?
Do your front side lights work?
Do your rear side lights work?
Does your rear number plate light work?
Do your main headlights work?

If you can answer those questions it may help us diagnose your fault.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the head lights do work the side lights dash board light and rear lights donot but the fuse is ok

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Sounds like fault in the headlight switch or uch. You will get a second hand headlight switch from any local breakers yard. I would try that first as it will be alot cheaper than a replacement uch

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Calley4 and welcome to the forum.

I'm having problems understanding your fault.
Do your dashlights work?
Do your front side lights work?
Do your rear side lights work?
Does your rear number plate light work?
Do your main headlights work?

If you can answer those questions it may help us diagnose your fault.
hi, i know this is an old thread but having same issue on my clio.
dashlights do not work
passenger front side light do not work
passenger rear light do not work but brake light does (same bulb)
passenger rear fog light do not work
rear number plate do not work
headlights and full beam Do work
reverse light Do work
indicator Do work

·
Registered
31 Posts
hi, i know this is an old thread but having same issue on my clio.
dashlights do not work
passenger front side light do not work
headlights and full beam Do work
reverse light Do work
indicator Do work
ok just replaced a fuse which was burnt out, fixed some but not the main ones needed.
not too sure if dashlights are working as the sun is shining so i cant check till later but pretty sure thats working now.

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
OK not sure if one fuse does all sidelights on one side, (2 fuses for separate L & R circuits) or if each 'corner' has its own fuse.

If leftside tail light is double filament bulb then that explains why it lights up for brake but not for the other.

Are you sure your leftside rear fog actually has a lamp inside? Mine's just a dummy, no bulb, socket or wiring.

·
Registered
31 Posts
OK not sure if one fuse does all sidelights on one side, (2 fuses for separate L & R circuits) or if each 'corner' has its own fuse.

If leftside tail light is double filament bulb then that explains why it lights up for brake but not for the other.

Are you sure your leftside rear fog actually has a lamp inside? Mine's just a dummy, no bulb, socket or wiring.
Sorted side lights, dashboard lights and that little light reminder beeper, ended up being a 10a mini fuse. I definitely have a fog lamp that side as theres wiring and bulb there, checkes with multimeter and no power going through, must be a broken wire somewhere so I bridged a wire going from the other fog lamp and now working, rear light on over hand I think it could be a busted bulb even though both filaments seem to be in good order, gonna replace the bulb and see if that works

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
OK then!

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
ok just replaced a fuse which was burnt out, fixed some but not the main ones needed.
not too sure if dashlights are working as the sun is shining so i cant check till later but pretty sure thats working now.
The rear number plate unit has a habit of corroding on Clio IIs so pop it out and have a look.
You rear stop and tail may be the same bulb but there is two filaments in the bulb so it's quite possible and quite common for on to blow and the other works fine. Again pop the light unit out and check your bulb.
Even out a new one in for the sake of £1 and eliminate it as a possibility

1 - 10 of 10 Posts