Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
My 1994 1.4 clio has just been through its MOT.
It failed on a couple of small things that the garage repaired and then passed :d

There were a couple of points on the advisory and since I like this car I though I better get round to repairing them as they only seem small...

One of the points was an 'oil leak' - I know it has a small leak somewhere and has done for quite a while now but I have never been able to locate it!

My dad told me to check the rocker for oil seepage and true to form there is oil around the back of the gasket and drops around the back.

The oil leak is very small, maybe a drop every other day so I can only assume it has a crack in the gasket and the oil level doesn't drop.

Story over with, I can get a new gasket for a fiver, so I might aswell replace it. I would just like to find out from people who have done this before if it is this easy;
- Remove air filter
- Remove the 8 bolts around the cover
- Ease the cover off
- Remove old gasket
- Give it a little clean around
- Place new gasket in
- Assemble.

Is there anything else I need to do? Like a coat of new oil around the gasket or any glue I need to get?

It is an E type engine and I think it is a metal gasket.

Any help is appreciated and sorry for the long post on a Sunday morning!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.