Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently purchaced a 2000 clio 1.6 16v rsi & was really hoping you guys (& gals) could help me with wot spec it should be to assured it is an Rsi.

thing is, ive seen 2 other Rsi's & both hav air con & 1/2 leather seats now these items were most probably optional extras as mine has neither.

also both these cars were bagded up "Rsi" on the oval side badges, were as mine says 16v.
mine does have racing style seats, white dials, twin h/lamps, 1.6 16v engine & the genuine Rsi alloys but even if it didnt have the optional 1/2 leather & air con id thought it would still be badged up RSi :confused:

please can anyone shed sum light on this, i asked renault & they just said it comes up as a 1.6 16v 3 door, doesnt nessesarily come up saying what model u see.
so all you renault/clio brain boxes out there advise?

ta v much Baz.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Right i've pulled it up from the renault trade partners site and it says that the engine code is a K4M which is a 1.6 16v engine which I believe is the RSi however it doesn't give me any info regarding the trim level! It may be that some Rsi's were badged up as one and other were not or the previous owner changed it! I can get hold of new badges for £15 per side however if you wanted to change them over!!!! Hope this helps! Sorry there is no more info on it!!!!
;)
Bex

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right i've pulled it up from the renault trade partners site and it says that the engine code is a K4M which is a 1.6 16v engine which I believe is the RSi however it doesn't give me any info regarding the trim level! It may be that some Rsi's were badged up as one and other were not or the previous owner changed it! I can get hold of new badges for £15 per side however if you wanted to change them over!!!! Hope this helps! Sorry there is no more info on it!!!!
;)
Bex
thx Bez thats been very helpful, one of the drivers at my local renault whos been there years said pretty much same aswell, although he didnt mention the badging, trim level or not ud think itd be badged an Rsi. oh well :)

btw, u drive an Rsi hybrid, wot on earth does one of those look like & do u actually work for renault aswell?

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
i work for GDI Performance Tuning

Grey Devil Industries :: french, german, japanese performance parts and upgrades

and my clio Rsi Hybrid is a MK1 clio RSi that was a 1.8 8v but I have put a Renault Spider 2.0 16v engine in it. It now also has a williams interior too!!!!

Next step is Cat cams, Cat pulleys and omex management to make it much faster!!!! :devil: :devil:

Have a look on our myspace and the blue MK1 with the white wheels is my little beasty!!!!!:devil: :devil: :devil:

www.myspace.com/gdiworld

Bex:d :d

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i work for GDI Performance Tuning

Grey Devil Industries :: french, german, japanese performance parts and upgrades

and my clio Rsi Hybrid is a MK1 clio RSi that was a 1.8 8v but I have put a Renault Spider 2.0 16v engine in it. It now also has a williams interior too!!!!

Next step is Cat cams, Cat pulleys and omex management to make it much faster!!!! :devil: :devil:

Have a look on our myspace and the blue MK1 with the white wheels is my little beasty!!!!!:devil: :devil: :devil:

www.myspace.com/gdiworld

Bex:d :d
that absolutely mint for a mk1 isnt it.
bet ur insurance broker luvs you :rofl:

im with NIG & they hate modified cars :crazy:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Bex.. What bhp does your 2.0 spider engine run at standard? Im unsure wether to go all the way with my clio mk1 1.8 16v lump or to swap to a 2.0 or maybe a 2.0 turbo if i can find something to fit and go from there. Id like to pull about 200bhp from whatever i choose and i already run 100bhp nitrous booost too so that would take it to 300. enough to match the ford rs of today. I can already beat an 02 scooby up to 100, a bmw m3 up to the same and this race was uphill and although a bmw compact left me at the lights within seconds i was ripping past him :))). I think he caught me off guard.. yeah that was it lol :) Currently running at 240/250 i think (when on boost). they start at 137, plus intake and exhaust plus boost. I just want more tho. Also buddy my biggest issue is im looking for a 6 speed box that will fit. Thats why i run out of real steam at 100.. i only have 4 gears at the moment :S. Still she pulls to nearly 70 of that in second gear. It doesnt figure really! Do you know of any in the performance tuning world :) or just one that'l fit whilst maintaining some sort of decent gear ratio??

·
Administrator
21,694 Posts
VaVaVoom_jonny.

BexGDI last visited the forum on the 4th Sept 2009, so you may not get a reply from her.

:(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ah cheers buddy i didnt notice that.. Il maybe have to start a new thread to see if anyone has any info that could help. I just want to create the fastest clio i can. I want a scooby killer past 100 mph and be able to out do some modern cars too like the ford rs which im told is already 200 plus bhp..

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
your going to need a big engine build and a huge turbo if your planning on beating a focus rs as most are running way over 300. most engine internals from standard can only take upto 180 horse so your looking at a full rebuild with forge internals. and a bill of way over 3k so you gotta ask yourself is it really worth it on a clio? or would it not just be better to but a high bhp car and lightly tune it to what you want.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts