Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought a clio 1.4 rt, s-reg for my first car. It's done around 60k miles and although i've only owned it a few weeks i have already had to replace the front shocks and fix an exhaust bracket.

My problem now is this: When i stop at junctions or lights, waiting in first gear, the car doesn't hold revs and the engine cuts out. Also when i am turning into a road in first or second gear the power steering becomes unresponsive and the car does not accelerate, and i presume (but have not witnessed) the revs drop. when i push the accelerator more the power jolts back and is fine. It does not do these things all the time, but i think it happens more often when the engine is cold and is just being used.

From research on the internet i think this may be due to a dirty idle air control valve, but i'm not certain. I would like to know if anyone can give me directions to finding the valve in the engine bay and help with information on cleaning it, or what i should do. or even if this is what is wrong!

help is greatly appreciated! thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have bought Clio recently 1999 V reg,and it has exactly same problems as you posted. Engine cuts out at round abouts. Steering becomes heavy. It happens more in the initial hours of journey.

Mine too is an first car and it's giving same problems.

please let me know what was exact problem? Was urs fixed now? Isnit idle control valve problem? How much would it cost.

Many thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey. i have no idea what the problem was, however it has now stopped. after about a week it stopped and then came back a couple of weeks later for a few days, and then did the same a few weeks later. But for a couple of months now the problem hasn't came back.

I did go to a garage and told them what was happening, however they just told me it could be a number of things and to bring it back another day, but then it stopped so i didn't bother.

Recalling from my research into it a while back, i think i found something about the model having problems with circuitry or something, so maybe have a look into that.

Sorry i couldn't be of greater help, but please let me know if you find out what it is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi ya,

since last 2-3 days problem has not occured. fingers crossed and praying it should go fine. I took to garage last week he suspects problem might be with air control valves.

Thanks for your response..I will keep you updated, if problem persists

1 - 4 of 4 Posts