Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My speedo is running at exactly 10 miles an hour faster than I am driving. (ie I am doing 30 it says 40) I am taking a driving test in it in a couple of weeks and need to rectify the problem as quickly and cheaply as possible. The auto electrician was meant to have recalibrated it before I bought it, as, on my test drive, it hit 60 before I had even left the forecourt (well according to the speedo at the time!). It was certainly better when I got it but when going through speed indicators?or using a sat nav, it clearly shows this 10 mph error. Any suggestions gratefully received.

·
Administrator
21,710 Posts
Hello Louise and welcome to the forums. :)

What size wheels does your Clio have on it ? Are they the standard Renault wheels ?

The most common cause of speedo's reading over is the fitment on bigger non standard alloy wheels.

:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wheels

I have to be honest and say I am not sure but they look like standard 14" or 15" to me. If this is the case that they are bigger than standard, do I have to change them to correct the fault or can anything else be done?? Sorry to be so dumb! Its my first car.

·
Administrator
21,710 Posts
To be honest I'm not sure if anything can be done other than getting the speedo re-calibrated.

If you werent taking your test in it in a couple of weeks I'd just say to live with it, and just adjust your indicated speed accordingly for the speed limit of the road.

Im someone else will be along shortly to offer further advise. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts