Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,Just bought my daughter a 1998 Clio (s reg) and the speedo isn't illuminated. Anyone know a quick way of changing the bulb? Does the dash have to come out?

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi are you sure its the bulb and not the fuse if so its only the speedo unit to come out no need to take the dash off you may have to take some parts of the dash out to allow the speedo unit to come out so you can replace the bulb i hope this helps

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Speedo light

Is it only one bulb not operating or all of them - some Clio's have a dimmer switch for the dash lights which can become faulty. If its definitely the bulbs - you need to remove the cowling covering the dashboard display - there are a number of torx headed screws which hold it it in - can be quite fiddly work. If you need to go in that far my advice is to replace all the bulbs (they are quite cheap) because as soon as you replace one the others tend to fail soon after. Hope this helps!:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi, It is just the speedo bulb so it looks like the dash out (not til weekend)I have been told that on this model the bulbs are not changable but are leds soldered into the panel so you have to replace the whole thing.Anybody got any info on this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Clio instruments

Hi,My speedo bulb has blown on my clio and I have been told the blub is not replacable as it is apparently a soldered in LED,meaning a replacement unit.Does anyone know about this problem?

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi andy.ollie

Welcome to the forum.

I thought all backlight bulbs were filament type,but i will wait for one of the more experienced members to confirm that.

(All is not lost if it is led type...they can be replaced with careful use of a soldering iron).

:) :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi are you sure its the bulb and not the fuse if so its only the speedo unit to come out no need to take the dash off you may have to take some parts of the dash out to allow the speedo unit to come out so you can replace the bulb i hope this helps
If it is the fuse, which one is it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts