Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my daughters clio has brake strut adjuster set up differently on each side, i have a haynes manual but it doesnt give detail of correct set-up. any help most appreciated

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums Pete67 .

I'm sure someone will be able to assist with your post shortly.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

What is a brake strut adjuster?.:eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
clio strut

hi all it's a 2001 clio y reg and its a rear strut adjuster that takes up the wear on the shoes they are bendix brakes , sorry should of mentioned this in the first place . cheers

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Aha,I see...

The shoes should be adjusted so the drum is just in contact with the shoes.With the drum on,you should be able to spin it easily,and just hear the shoes rubbing on the inside.

If there is a wear ridge on the inside of the drum,remove it with a grinder or similar,and this will make the job a millions times easier.

Make sure the handbrake levers are on their stops before you adjust the shoes,too.Always adjust the shoes first,then adjust the handbrake cables afterwards if needed.This way you will have a better foot brake.Becareful not to over adjust anything as the shoes can over heat and the glue that bonds the friction material to the metal part breaks down and the two become seperated.

If you are in any doubt,get a proffesionals opinion to make sure the brakes are OK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts