Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have just bought a 2004 Clio 1.2 Dynamique 16v. After 3 days I have noticed the car will not start when driven and left for 4 or 5 minutes I have to leave it until it is cold. When driving the car it feals and drives really well, Starts easily when cold and also re-starts when warm if switched off and on again after a few seconds. I have read the forum and replaced the TDC sensor but this has not made any difference as this is a warm start problem I was hoping someone would have a recommendation of what to look for next. The Stop light on the dash lights up along with the coil light and the coolant light when starting warm but they go out when starting from cold apart from the coolant light which sometimes comes on.

Thanks in advance

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,927 Posts
Just sorted a Hundi that was doing the same, it was the water temp sensors could be on yours, make sure to connections are clean and tight also the sensors are getting a good connection to the engine were they screw in, only other thing you can try is replacing them. A scanner would most likely show a sensor out of range. May not help but worth a try.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for you reply. I am having someone have a look with a scanner this afternoon hopefully it will show up as a temp sensor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Re: Clio Warm Start Problems

In the first post I said the coolant light came on this was a mistake it is the exhaust light. The mechanic came out and said the scanner was picking up a throttle position fault but was sure that this could be cured by cleaning the throttle body. Although I have changed the TDC sensor he recommends that I also replace the wire and plug to the sensor. I will do this on Monday so hopefully the starting problems will be cured.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts