Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys can anyone help me ?
got a 1999 1.2 8 valve clio and the engine is realy lumpy i took car to the garage and they said its not the coil pack cause thay fitted new one. ive had new plugs and leads and ive had i new fuel fillter but the car is still chugging in neutral and when i go up hills there is no power what so ever. when i had a diagnostic test on it its said c 10 solenoid canister purge circuit. ive tryed to find this on the the internet with no luck does anyone know the answer to this question please help ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds like the engine may be over-fueling.
Has a compression test been done or the exhaust gases analysed?:)
Hi all I have this problem also. We changed the EGR valve recently and since this the car it chucking when stopped and the abs light is on. I doubt the abs light has anything to do with it but just wondering if the EGR Valve did anything

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i had a compression test done and they said that it was fine but i have not had the exaust gases tested but when you drive the car for a bit and then stop and get out you can smell petrol. why is this ?

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
The charcoal canister 'stores' fuel vapours from the tank, and is 'purged' into the inlet air pipery. The purging is controlled by a solenoid-operated valve, and must only occur under specific engine operating conditions.

If the valve is stuck open, this will be like having an air leak into the inlet system. A 'lumpy' idle being one symptom.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that could be the problem so how do i go about fixing it do you know where this valve may be located ? what does it look like ? how do i remove it and replace with another ? please help me because im not mecanicly minded

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do you know where this valve is on the car and how would i find it. what does it look like ? how do i take it apart and check ? how will i know if its stuck open ?

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Hi - I'm not familiar with the Clio, but on my Megane the charcoal canister is in the engine compartment down by the foot of the RH (viewed from the back) wheel arch. It's usually a black plastic 'container', about the size of two baked bean cans.

The purge valve is either integral with the canister, or connected to it by a pipe. The other side of the valve will connect to the inlet air trunking or throttle body or inlet manifold.

Hopefully someone else can help you locate it.

To eliminate the purge valve from your enquiries, remove the pipe from the valve to the inlet side, and plug (seal) the pipe so that no air is drawn into the inlet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts