Independent Renault Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Hi folks just a quick question for those still interested... I've got the wheel off ready to change the drop link's and I just wondered if these have been put on the wrong way in the past? The Allen key/ torx bolt is on the bottom and the nut on the top? Is this correct so I don't fit the new ones the wrong way. Thank you

Attachments

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,199 Posts
That dont look like a link arm, that looks like the bracket that holds subframe up

·
Registered
74 Posts
Oh yes they are upside down and anybody who has done these will know that the bushing between the anti roll bar and the arm needs to be compressed a fair bit to get the nut on the bolt. So its far easier if they are upside down what was I saying about service shops Hmmm

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Oh yes they are upside down and anybody who has done these will know that the bushing between the anti roll bar and the arm needs to be compressed a fair bit to get the nut on the bolt. So its far easier if they are upside down what was I saying about service shops Hmmm
Haha well the other side the passenger side looks the right way round but maybe that one hasn't been changed by same people. I've ran into a problem trying to get the droplink compressed enough to get the nut on. Is there any tools I can get to help or tips?

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,199 Posts
post a picture, and will explain how to do it

41 - 49 of 49 Posts