Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can some one please help me i want to know how to adjust the clutch cabe it as to nuts on the cable and i need to know how to adjust it because the gears are hard to find
gear linkage seems fine and gearbox it gos in to gear fine when engine not running so was told to adjust cable but do not know wheather adjust nuts up or down it had new clutch and cable last june iv ran out of idears as to what els to do
thanks bob

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
If you get another person to depress the pedal whilst you observe the motion at the gearbox/clutch end, it will indicate the direction that you will need to adjust the nut.
Presumably the clutch pedal is raised above the brake pedal!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
help

thanks mickdoc understand what your saying
just dont know whitch way to turn the nuts up down
whitch way will make a difference and do i turn the nuts when the clutch is pushed in thanks
bob

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
do what i dd turn them one flat at a time (with the lock nut loose ) should be able t do it with your fingers (watch out for the hot manifold ouch ) untilit eases try it one way if thats no good after t full turns try the other way good luck
ps always thaought it was right to tight )

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
It is nearly 10 years since I had one of those Espace's so cannot recall which direction they should go which is why I referred to the visual means of adjustment.
When you see the direction of travel of the clutch arm it should indicate the direction of the adjustment that you need to make - what you need to do is increase the motion created and as stated in the last note remember the number of turns moved. You will find it easier to do at least 180 degree turns each time or you will be there for ages - but also be aware that the pedal position will change inside the car - it becomes a compromise.

·
Registered
15 Posts
help

thanks for your replys just one more thing do i need some one to hold clutch in while i turn the nuts because when the clutch is pressed you see the gable pull down thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
help

thanks for all your replys now i have tried to change gearbox oil to day iv drained it first from the front squear
bolt on the bottom see picture.
now trying to refill from the top just under the gear stick part the trouble im having is when i try to re fill it drips back out isthis normal as its taking for ever to refill or am i refilling from the wrong place because its hard to refill
from under the espace as the renault dealer say it dos
take time he did mension a plastic cap but can find one any ware on the gearbox its took me about 20mins just to put
250ml in so far any idears thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
screw the nuts down to tighten the cable' just done mine having probs getting into gear now the pin on the clutch pedal has sheared because there is that much pressure on the cable as the gearbox lever is working past centre so now the clutch needs to be replaced:devil:

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
1,681 Posts
Turn the adjusting nut one way then the other, one way should be harder than the other and that's the way to go to shorten the cable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts