Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
advice needed my 1999 espace clutch went really hard to press but the revs were high, car was going up a hill slowly without pressing accerator:confused: i pressed the cluch again then it went straight to the floor and is now floppy i looked in the bonnet and a small part looks like a sink plunger has come away :mad: could sombody tell me what it could be and is it going to be expensive to fix?
thanks

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Ideally we need a picture of the part you found,but it sounds like the rod that fits in between the clutch slave cylinder and the actuating arm which moves the release bearing inside of the bell housing.

Worse case scenario is a new clutch needed due to it being worn out,the hydraulic system might play up now too as it is a fragile system at best.I guess the end of the slave cylinder has now come out and the system is leaking fluid?.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Oh dear....

The system from the factory is sealed and if you need to bleed it (in your case you will) then this can cause headaches as there are no bleed nipples.I'm not 100% experienced in the system to be honest but hopefully a member called Mr.Espace can help you more on what you will need to do as he's the resident expert in these things.I'm sure he knows a way of bleeding these sealed systems so I'd wait to see what he has to say.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts