Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello... I'm suffering with my '00 Master! It's the 2.5 Iveco engine, I think.

Anyway, sprang a hydraulic leak where clutch pipe enters the bell housing. Got a new 'O' ring and that's all good but now can't bleed the bleedin' thing!

There's a right angled union entering the bell housing with a 12mm hexagonal insert in it containing a very rusty T20 torx fitting which reminds this plumber of a radiator bleed point!

Anyway, that's rusted to buggery and rounded out so I can't turn it. Is that the the bleed point?

I've seen somewhere on another forum that Masters need a complete clutch/slave/pipe/master kit that comes pre-primed and sealed but they're not specific about models and years.

Can anyone help please? Preferrably in one syllable words and with pictures if poss!!! Free plumbing advice in return! Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

Espaces of a certain age had the sealed hydraulic system for sure,but I'm not sure about any of the Masters.The ones we have certaintly aren't sealed as I've changed a number of both slave and master cylinders on them,they are all the facelifted version of the van though (2003-)

Any chance of a picture of the arrangement you describe where the T20 screw is?.

D

·
0 Posts
Can you loosen the nut at all?
You should be able to bleed it through that if you can. I wouldn't take it right off (just yet) as you'll have the plunger, seals and springs behind it.
Failing that, then take the nut right off and get a new screw put in it. Looking at it, it probably wont be like a tapered bleed screw, but more of a blanking off bolt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Dan... the nut looks like an insert; it projects about 1mm which isn't enough to get a spanner on and its in a hexagonal hole so won't turn anyway!

Any ideas as to what the central fitting is and what I can use to turn it? Tried an Allen key and a Torx.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts