Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi thats not a problem but manners do go along way as i said iam sure someone will help soon,i would say if you have just had the new clutch fitted its down to the pressure plate being new and it will in time soften all the best Donald

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car is new to me and its possible a new clutch was fitted you could have the answer there It is however very heavy I recall in the past reading that even new preasure plates can be faulty to much tension on them Ill give it time now thanks Donald The car is in perfect nick very clean and obviously well looked after

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi i may not even be this its just one of many things it could be do's the pedel have a short or long distance to travel to the floor and how far is till the bite point cheers Donald

Sorry

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi the bite point is when you press the clutch pedal to the floor and you then select the 1st gear and raise the clutch Padal up how far does it travel back before the the car starts to move,if its a long pedal i would say its a good clutch,but iam sure someone else will also help cheers Donald

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry Donald went out and looked at it It sits a shot distance belom the brake pedal and travels about an inch to an inch and a half before it gets stiff

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Hi the bit point is when you press the clutch pedal to the floor and you then select the 1st gear and raise the clutch Padal up how far does it travel back before the the car starts to move,if its a long pedal i would say its a good clutch,but iam sure someone else will also help cheers Donald
It's bite Donald bite.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi iam not sure to be honest but if the clutch was going i would say you would have a short clutch pedal and you would be finding it hard to get low gears so i would say all is well, i have had many cars with hard clutch pedals so i hope this helps all the best Donald

1 - 17 of 17 Posts