Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went through the process of bleeding the clutch today on someones advice to rectify an issue I have had with my laguna. We noticed that the reservoir level wasn't changing.

To cut a long story short we couldn't get the pedal to spring back, so i removed the master cylinder to inspect it.

It turns out that fluid from the feed cannot enter the cylinder when it is open position, the piston needs to move back another couple of mm which of course it can't. My last master cylinder had the exact same problem. I remember when i bought this one I checked that i could blow through it in the open position and I could. Looking at the master cylinder there looks absolutely nothing wrong with it in terms of wear. It just can't open enough to left fluid in.

This is course means that my car is off the road until i can get a new cylinder or does anyone know of a way to repair the existing one?

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Are you reverse bleeding or trying to bleed it like you would brakes as you cannot do it that way or at least not very easily :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you reverse bleeding or trying to bleed it like you would brakes as you cannot do it that way or at least not very easily :)
Working the clutch pedal up and down while opening and closing the bleed nipple. Problem i am having is that fluid cannot enter the master cylinder from the feed reservoir.

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
try pumping fluid in to the bleed screw with the pedal in the up position this forces all the air to the top and will push the air into the reservoir

This is the correct way of doing it you can feed it from a brake caliper bleed screw with a suitable bit of hose then pump the brake to force the fluid through

Good luck

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
try pumping fluid in to the bleed screw with the pedal in the up position this forces all the air to the top and will push the air into the reservoir

This is the correct way of doing it you can feed it from a brake caliper bleed screw with a suitable bit of hose then pump the brake to force the fluid through

Good luck

Will give this a go.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Good luck
Gave this method a go, but got the same result. Basically nothing can get past the master cylinder, looks like the same fault as my previous one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts