Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the clutch has being slipping over the last few weeks, then yesterday it stopped slipping it was working fine. dont get me wrong this is great it has saved me a lot of money. i read an other thread which this happed as well. does any know why this would happen. hopefully it stays like this.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Could be any number of reasons for a clutch slipping ,.... relaese bearing faulty, pressure plate weak, hydraulics faulty, dual mass flywheel slipping, contamination of the friction surface , or glazing of the friction surface. One thing for sure , if the fault was there and nothing was done to fix it , it could come back at any time and possibly leave you stranded. There are a few simple checks that can be done to test the clutch , mainly by driving the car in 4th or 5th at cruising speed and accelerating to see if the revs increase and the speed stays constant. I'd advise getting the car to a mechanic to check it over , as leaving a problem like a clutch can result in a bigger bill if the flywheel is damaged as aresult of not being fixed in time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts