Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Have noticed the clutch is riding very high on my 04 megane 1.6 convertable. Found out it can't be adjusted and is usually a sign of a new one being needed? Any ideas of costing, needs to be NON main dealer as they are way to expensive!!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
In my expereince Clios and Meganes do naturally have a high clutch biting point so even fitting a new clutch may not help that much.:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Yep,I agree.Just because the pedal biting point is high doesn't automatically mean that there is a fault.If the pedal is light and the clutch isn't slipping I wouldn't worry too much about it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The clutch pedal does feel heavy, thats what made me ask the question, I also have an 02 plate megane fidji which I am now selling, and find the biting point on that much lower.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
If the pedal is heavy (you didn't mention that in your first post) then it is a sign that the clutch is worn,the pressure needed to release the clutch against the springs of the pressure plate increases as the clutch wears so it does sound like a replacement might be recommended in your case.

I've no idea how long the job will take,the average is around 5 hours,plus £150 for a decent quality kit.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hopefully I won't need one, someone quoting me tuesday/wednesday, should also state car has only done 36k miles!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts