Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. This code came up on the Lag and my mech is having a little problem as his books don't have the IDE (there's a surprise bloody IDE:steam: )engine in and he's not sure EXACTLY how best to solve the problem:( He's put his hands up and admitted he's not sure that just replacing the regulator is the way to go as he has no knowledge of the engine and has asked me to pop on here to see if it is as 'simple' as just replacing??

Secondly........ he is not sure where the fuel pressure regulator is in the IDE so any pointers would REALLY help!! Its the F4R engined 2.0l IDE Estate.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Hi M8:) The Regulator Should Be On The Fuel Rail Round About The Fourth Injector. It Aslo Vacuum Assisted, Do You No If Your Mechanic Has Checked The Vacuum Readings As This Would Give You Some Problems?( Ie, Air Leak, Burnt Or Poorly Seated Valves Etc) I Know There Supposed To Prone For Burning Valves Etc And This Would Give You A Low Vacuum.

The Above M8 Is Just A Stab In The Dark But This Can Happen. Hope This Has Helped You And Good Luck Alex:)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Alex.

Will ask him about the vacuum.

Anyone know how Renault would fix this fault r.e replacing the Regulator or is there acother common fault that brings up this code?

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Hi I Dont Actually Work For Renault Any Mor Now With An Independent, So I Could Not Give You An Answer. What Is The Car Actually Doing Is It Misfiring?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We had a problem with the 'fuel injector fault' which was sorted by replacing the fuel injector sensor. This problem conked the car out as you came to idle at junctions. This was a pain but at least with the fault you could restart the car and it would go a day or so before it did it again.

The current problem had similar aspects as it conked out at a set of lights but unlike the previous problem would not restart AT ALL without the message coming on and the car refusing to drive without bouncing and shuddering.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Another Common Problem With This Fault Is The Map Sensor Which Controlls The Fueling So You Could Put This Forward To Your Mechanic Aswell.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would the MAP sensor not show up on the diagnostic that he did?? How do you know if it's knackered?

He's gonna love me tomorrow when I throw more questions than answers at him:rofl: :rofl:

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
LOL:rofl: DOES THE ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHT GOE ON WHEN THE FAULT OCCURS?:d

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The wife was driving it so I'm not sure and as it's at the garage I'll have to ask my mech.

Wife describes it as the "doo dee doo" tune followed by the ESP coming on in the centre of the dash and then the vocal warning "fuel injection fault consult.........." The code brought up on diag was 262 Fuel Pressure Sensor.

Not sure if this is relevant but after the previous fault being remedied we moved away from supermarket fuel to Shell Super Unleaded (the new Ferrari V stuff) not sure it's relevant but it is a change although we hve done two full tanks of the stuff so dount it's that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi. If the car is a 2.0 ide then i'm pretty sure it's an F5R engine which is high pressure petrol injection.If it is then it's normally the fuel pressure sensor at fault. As a Renault technician i've replaced several fuel pressure rails due to this fault.You have to replace the rail because Renault don't supply the fuel pressure sensor separatly which is fitted into the rail.I think they are expensive as well

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UPDATE.

MAP is fine:)
Fuel Pressure Sensor was the part replaced last time (came without the rail too).

Looks like we're going to replace the Fuel Pressure Regulator:confused:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wuel Pressure Regulator has been replaced today (£170) and so far so good............ apart from since the battery was disconnected the Sat Nav won't show in the centre console grrrrrrrrrrr.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i am working on a diesel scenic at the moment and hope this helps
fuel presure reg on the end of the fuel rail or on the pump itself.
on the scenic i am working on the pressure reg has gone and is dumping fuel back to tank, so no fuel rail pressure. the code is 1822. i have worked on many diesels so if i can help feel free to email me [email protected] clive

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Righto, too many posts to read and capitals at the start of every word in some makes it off-putting(sorry)
With respect to the fuel pressure regulator...if you find the return line to the tank from the regulator, carefully crimp it whilst the car is running, if the idle improves or the fault code goes away, it's likely the reg' has a fault where it is letting too much fuel back to the tank and the supply pressure is too low for the injectors. Our Citroen Xsara had a similar fault that would come and go as it pleased over 12 months. It wans;t until I checked the pressures this way and then had it professionally checked by a mobile mechanic that I was justified in my thoughts.
Could also be the MAP as mentioned....try removing the inlet/throttle body and giving it a good spray with some carbie cleaner spray. Another good thing I have always found is to unplug and check all the connections to anything to do with the ECU/EFI system to make certain you have good contact and grounding. It's amazing what that can sometimes fix.

P.S...I will have a look through the Dialogy for any tech notes on regulator faults.
Cheers from australia,
Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts