Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am looking at buying a code reader but i am looking for one that will fit my 02 Clio1.2 and my 02 Laguna V6 and it must reset the codes as well.
So witch one am i looking at and where would it be the cheapest

thanks

·
Universal
2,026 Posts
A friend of mine has a copy version of the Renault CLIP. I think he paid around £180 (eBay I would imagine). It can read/reset faults and I also noticed it could do something with the Airbags/Pretensioners but I didn't want to find out what :d

May be best to only buy one from a UK seller just incase you need to return it aswell ;) Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Hi i am looking at buying a code reader but i am looking for one that will fit my 02 Clio1.2 and my 02 Laguna V6 and it must reset the codes as well.
So witch one am i looking at and where would it be the cheapest

thanks
I have two Renaults and recently had an engine problem with the Laguna.

Rather than paying £80+ for a dealer diagnostic (that I wouldn't trust anyway), 'invested' £200 in a Clip 'grey market'.

It's a great piece of kit. It does so much more than just reading the ecu fault codes.

It allow you to graph up in real time the sensor readings from any of the computers in the car. This allowed me to properly diagnose the issue with my 02 plate IDE engine Laguna.

I've also rotated my tyres and moved the tyre sensor configs.

I've also discoved a problem with my down stream lambda sensor that doesn't show up on the OBD. Shows an open circuit heater on the Clip. The Clip can display the voltage from the sensor (410mV) read by the ECU.

The Clip hardware is very high quality (housed in the proper aluminium extrusion with moulded plastic end caps). The connection cables are also high quality.

Total cost of the repair to my Laguna - £350. Would have probably cost me £800+ at the dealer after they changed every component of the injection system!
I also have the benefit that I can plug the car into the Clip at any time just to check if it is fine. Drive to work with the clip recording various engine parameters and take a look later.

Ian

R

·
0 Posts
I have two Renaults and recently had an engine problem with the Laguna.

Rather than paying £80+ for a dealer diagnostic

I've also rotated my tyres and moved the tyre sensor configs.
Was that straight forward? have a friend who is having problems with the tyre sensors on his 03 Laguna. Could you use the Can Clip to assign new sensors? as he's under the impression you need further hardware to pick up the sensor signal?

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Was that straight forward? have a friend who is having problems with the tyre sensors on his 03 Laguna. Could you use the Can Clip to assign new sensors? as he's under the impression you need further hardware to pick up the sensor signal?
Yes it was easy.

There are two ways to program the valve codes.

Enter the codes manually. You can read the existing codes using the Clip and make a note of these against the colour coded valves.

You can also automatically program one valve at a time by setting the UCH using the Clip to wait for a signal from an 'unknown' valve. Since valves only transmit very infrequently when the car is stationary this can be helped along by driving or letting a tyre down a little.

When you buy a new sensor the code is indicated on it.

Ian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts