Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.When I purchased my Scenic 1.5dci almost a year ago, I did not get the code for the radio or the code for the immobiliser. It goes in for its first service tomorrow, do you think the codes should be given to me at no cost.
2. The car was driven three months last summer mostly in the dry and dusty atmosphere in spain, does anybody know if the air filter is part of the service and if not what would the likely cost be to change it.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
I believe you should have the radio code, not so sure about the immobiliser code but ask anyway.

The air filter is not usually changed till the next service but I would get it changed along with your pollen filter.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Otto, will ask in the morning......I get the first service free after being p***ed about by the dealer, but I supposed I will have to pay for the filters....shame poor pensioner now.

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
I suggest you contact RCS and ask them if the air filter should be changed or not during the planned service.

After having the first service at 18,000 miles.

3,000 miles later my dealer after I complained that there was a poor volume of air coming from the heater said I needed a new pollen filter I asked shouldn't this have been replaced during the first service the dealer said no.

:d The man from RCS, well he said YES!! He made the arrangements the with the dealer to get it sorted out.

Who knows You might just be pleasantly surprised :)

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Had the car serviced today. I asked beforehand if the air filter and pollen filter could be checked. They have changed both (if the pollen filter is also called the cabin filter) and didnt charge me for them. Result ?

:d :d

meant to say that the service was free of charge due to the dealer p****ing me off initially over the delivery of the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only through perseverance and my negotiating skills learnt from all of my past experiences and advancing years. But yes that is how all service should be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts