Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi can anyone tell me what symptoms i would have if the coil pack was failing and also is there a test i can do myself on this to check it please

R

·
0 Posts
Is the car feeling very under powered and not revving properly and got a lumpy tick over?

I assume from what you say is in your garage you have a 1.4 16 valve engine? These have pencil coils 1 per cylinder and they are wired in pairs so if you disconnect one you will in fact be disabling 2 which makes it difficult to identify 1 faulty one.

It’s easier to identify a faulty coil by disconnecting the petrol injectors one at time as this will isolate the individual cylinders. When you disable the faulty cylinder there won’t be any difference to the tick over or when you rev he engine.

To access the injectors It will be easier to remove the alloy casting above them it’s held in place with two 13 A/F nuts. In the photo it’s the casting that has “dipstick” written over it. HTH

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi,i have done what you advised me to do with regards to unplugging the injectors 1 at a time and the engine noise changed on every 1 so i dont think that is my problem,it does have a lumpy tick over and it does cut out on occasion after the initial start up unless i give it some revs even when it is hot,can you point me in the direction as to what could be wrong now please,regards, steve

·
Registered
13 Posts
Possibly Lambda sensors or cat?

Have got it with mine at the mo.
Went into garage for bodywork under insurance.
When delivered to me car running really rough, sent it back and they found a faulty coil changed coil but they have buggered the lambdas bby delivering the car running on 3 cylinders (garage drove it 55 miles like this).

However now has similar symptoms first start of the day would stall,and still a litlle lumpy on tickover also can see rev counter fluctuating on idle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts