Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have been told i have a fractured coil spring on the rear of my 2000 clio do i need to replace the pair? or just one....i believe this is an easy job to do....also rear wheel bearing....how much am i looking at to have bearing pressed out and in ??..

R

·
0 Posts
You are supposed to replace things like springs in pairs really especially if your fitting new ones. But I have got away with fitting 1 2nd hand one in the past as I couldn't wait 2 weeks to get new ones.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Replace in pairs if money allows it. You may find strange handling, car leaning to one side cos of tired spring on one side and also strange braking behaviour. And it is a easy job to do so long as you have a spring compressor and axle stands (air gun helps a lot as well cos suspension components do like to rust up solid) :(

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Rear springs are easy to change on a Clio 2,you just undo the lower bolts from the rear shocks and jack the body up until the springs fall out,put the new ones in place (best to fit a pair ideally),then gradually let the weight back on to them making sure they stay sat correctly in their pans.No need for any spring compressors etc.

The bearing will take 5-10 minutes to change with a press,a garage should charge no more than a tenner to do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts