Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just treated my car to a good valet and waxed with Collinite 476S, I bought it as it had good reviews and won awards.

I can't help thinking when I put it on, it looks like someone has just melted candle waz into a tub, and this is what makes the water run off. it's supposed to last a year.

Any thoughts on this product as I normally use Meguires products.

I have noticed after I applied the Collinite, I flicked a bit of water on the tailgate, and it just ran straight off, better then meguires.

Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
I haven't used that particular product, but I have used a 'hard wax' (I think it was Simoniz Original), many years ago.

Traditional-type waxes really require a lot of working-in & polishing, and normally require you to do one panel at a time - it is very laborious, so not popular in today's 'instant-everything' world.

But it will last far beyond the stuff which flows out of a bottle, just because it is so hard at room temps.

Paul

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
I have been using this for the last couple of years.
Not that easy to apply but the car will bead water for 6mths plus - I wax ours twice a yr so it may last longer than 6mths.

Have also used a sample of Autoglym HD wax and that was slightly easier to use and produced some good results.

I may well by a tub of that when the "colly" runs out.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I must admit, this has been the hardest product I have ever used to apply and hand pollish off, because of this I can understand it lasting longer.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Its definitely a case of not applying it in direct sunlight.

I made the mistake of covering the entire car, then attempting to buff it all up (I was 18 at the time...:d).

Big mistake, which I learned a lot from.

I wouldn't normally suggest a mechanical polisher, but in this case, the wax is so durable, that I would be much less hesitant in its use.

Just don't keep it on one spot for too long.

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts