Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the smoking laws come out on July 1st all company cars that are used by more than one person or carry any other passengers whether smokers or not must have a no smoking sign of 70mm diameter in the car. :crazy:

This law has been in place in North wales since April 1st, as we have the Ayatollah of the traffic Taliban Chief Constable Brustrom :mad: in charge here I would suggest if there are any company car drivers in the forum they get a sticker before coming into North wales.

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Smokefree vehicles
The new law will also require vehicles to be smokefree at all times if they are used:
  • to transport members of the public
  • in the course of paid or voluntary work by more than one person - regardless of whether they are in the vehicle at the same time
Vehicles that are used primarily for private purposes will not be required to be smokefree.
As I see it, if it's *your* company car (i.e. you're the one that takes the big hit in your tax code thanks to 'Benefit in Kind' taxation) then the law doesn't apply. Just as well really, as while I'm dead set against people being forced to endure others' second-hand smoke, I don't see the point in preventing people from smoking when alone in a vehicle that's primarily theirs.

It appears that it only applies to pool cars and those used to transport the public. I can see the logic in treating those as 'business premises' so that seems fair enough.

·
Registered
9 Posts
time for me to give up smoking it will be banned at work and in our company vehicles which i drive all day so i will be giving it up and saving myself a few quid

·
Registered
23 Posts
Save the money, use it for fuel...I helped one of my mates stop smoking, I done her accounting 2 months before she stopped, and 2 months after. The amount of money she saved was enough to fill her Megane II's fuel tank twice over...!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts