Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a T reg secenic. Since i bought it, it has had a constant ABS light on the dashboard. I had spotted a broken/cut cable behind off-side wheel, and hoped that it would be that. I have since reconnected the wire, but it is still on.

I have also noticed a 'squelchy' sound with a slight hiss coming from the brake pedal after braking, and was wondering if that could have anything to do with it?

any suggestions welcome!!

many thanks!

lee

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
that hissing noise is your servo, . small hole in the vacum rubber causes that. it shouldent interfear with abs , i had that hissing noise in my phase 3 espace for a long time and was not an issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a v reg clio that had the same problem. I think you may need a new abs sensor on one of the wheels. The light only comes on when there is a issue with the abs system. As soon as I replaced mine it went off! You may need to take it for a diagnostic test to find out which sensor. :cool:

R

·
0 Posts
A new front sensor for that age Scenic is going to cost around £65 for a new one you can check all the ABS sensors by disconecting them and using a multimeter check the individual sensor resitances at the connectors IIRC 0.95 Ohms each

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
5,254 Posts
you need to get the ABS ecu read. find out what the error is first, then get it wiped/reset, that should re-enable the ABS.
it has to be reset or it wont re-enable by itself.

there is a ABS interconnecting loom that runs across the subframe along the steering rack. this can fail sometimes, if the subframe has been incorrctly refitted.(trapped wires etc)

i had a similar fault after some clowns at a local garage repaired the car after an accident. i was getting a error of O/S/F wheel doing 655mph whilst stationary.
the connecting loom was damaged short/open circuit???

R

·
0 Posts
you need to get the ABS ecu read. find out what the error is first, then get it wiped/reset, that should re-enable the ABS.
it has to be reset or it wont re-enable by itself.
Correct the problem if it's a sensor and the light will go out and the ABS will work again has happened to me on my Scenic

1 - 6 of 6 Posts