Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Further to my earlier thread on the 14th january 2007. I have now discovered that the juddering and vibrating on my vehicle is probably due to contaminated fuel.

It makes you wonder just how long this has been going on. I have been advised that supermarket fuels don't contain the additives of regular service station unleaded which would normally treat any impurities - hence the low price.

I now have to put the car in for a new oxygen sensor, I fill up at any nearby service station when I need fuel and am not a regular user of any particular brand, although I have filled up at both Tesco and Sainsbury's recently.

I would imagine there are hundreds of people in my situation, how am I supposed to start making a claim when I can't pinpoint the actual supplier. I have my receipts and will call my insurers.

If anyone has any advice I would be very keen to hear it.

This is a big problem, A freind in the trade tells me that vauxhall are all out of sensors and the situation is going to get worse, with other dealers running out in the very near future.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wife filled up her Laguna 2.0 ide last weekend with Sainsburies pertol. yesterday it started to warn of an emissions sensor failure. will be goung to sainsburies in the morning to see what the claim procedure is. We kept reciept just in case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts